What is Search Engine Optimization?

Have you ever wondered why certain blogs or websites come last when searched on the web with the likes of Google, Ask, MSN, Yahoo or Bing? Ever also wondered why if you search a certain word or phrase, some websites or links appear first before others even though they all have the same content? In simple words, the process used to rank these searched phrases or content is what is termed as Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The process attempts to improve these rankings based on several factors such as content and relevance to the researcher. When you try to find out more about a given famous personality, through Google search engine, it will display the most recent activity that person has done as well as the person’s biographical page within the first five search results. For football fans, if you Google the name of a professional football club, it will display the name of the most recent club activity such[…]

Read more

How Much Will you Spend on SEO Services?

In order for you to answer the question on how much you need to pay for SEO services. There is need to break it down to two segments. On one side, it would be how much SEO services cost and the other part would be how much you should spend for these services. This article will capture the two areas and allow you to gain insight when it comes to costs associated with this type of service industry. Why you Need SEOs Before going to the cost agenda, which is the obvious question that needs to be addressed, first you should understand why you need it and the value it will have to your website. However, it is crucial to note that both internet marketing and SEO can promote the growth of your business compared to any other medium. A study conducted by Google showed that enterprises, which use the web have a higher chance of growing quicker than those[…]

Read more

The Difference Between Onsite and Offsite SEO

Offsite and onsite SEO are also referred to as off-page and on-page SEO respectively. These are the SEO’s major components. In order to understand what goes in and around SEO, it is wise to note some of the differences between these two. You will be in a position to make good use of the two better and this will help in higher rankings. According to SEO professionals, offsite SEO accounts for over 75 percent of a website’s ranking. On the other hand, onsite SEO accounts for only 25 percent. This means that, offset SEO is the important SEO component. However, this does not imply that you should neglect onsite SEO. Onsite SEO Onsite SEO refers to the activities done to a website in order to make it optimum for search engines. Some of the main factors to bear in mind include: • Anchor texts • The domain name • Web contents • Metatags and tags • Bounce rate • The[…]

Read more

Ways Small Businesses can compete with Giants in SEO

With the faster pace with which technology is being embraced, online marketing will only grow better and stronger given the fact that internet marketing has improved with the adoption of technological gizmos that can access the web. As a result, both small scale and large scale businesses are fighting to get the attention of one customer in a limited market space, where there are so many competitors. In order to acquire online dominance, a business needs to improve on its search engine optimization ranking. In the current age, every business whether large or small has some web presence regardless of the industry in which it is operating. The only way to stay on top and attract customers online is by improving the business website ranking location in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). With this in perspective, it is logical to assume that multinational firms stand a better chance than small firms in online marketing but this is not always the[…]

Read more

The Pros and Cons to Hiring an External SEO Team

SEO is not an easy task and even industry professionals are faced by SEO challenges. This is because rankings, conversions and traffic are not stationary metrics. Their performances are bound to change each day due to a wide range of reasons. Moreover, improving and maintaining these metrics needs constant testing, experimentation and vigilance. Since SEO is just like any other investment, it is important for managers to assess and plan SEO properly. Some of the key areas to watch closely include skilled personnel, technology, budget and time. It is wise to bear in mind that, there are a wide range of resources needed by a firm in order to effectively manage SEO. In order to determine the best option between an internal team and hiring an external team, it is important for the managers to access their resources and capacity. Today, many businesses are hiring external SEO teams rather than SEO in-house. Once work has begun, it is prudent for[…]

Read more